- Managing Partner
Jonathan Harris is the Firm’s founding and managing partner. Trained as a trial lawyer, and having extensive business and financial experience, he is equally successful in the courtroom and in business negotiations.
Mr. Harris represents plaintiffs and defendants as lead counsel in litigations, arbitrations, negotiations and investigations, and specializes in going head-to-head against the world’s largest corporations, international financial institutions, and the U.S. government.
In addition, Mr. Harris regularly advises family offices, investors and investment companies, founders, and executives in employment matters, in litigation, and in business negotiations with corporate partners, Boards of Directors, and government agencies.
Mr. Harris has been named a Super Lawyer for the past five consecutive years; American Lawyer’s Co-Litigator of the Week; Corporate LiveWire’s Global Award Winner for 2015 for Investor Litigation in New York; ACQ Global Award’s Gamechanger of the Year for 2015 for Litigation in New York; to The National Trial Lawyers organization elite list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York; and to the Nation’s Top One Percent list by The National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
He is a 1984 graduate of Stanford University, Phi Beta Kappa, and a 1987 graduate of Stanford Law School, Order of the Coif.
Mr. Harris’ recent trial victories and significant representations include:
- The complete exoneration of a prominent financial advisor against fraud and negligence charges brought by the SEC following a multi-year investigation, a month long federal jury trial and all appeals;
- Winning a $61 million arbitration award for a hedge fund against a major international bank relating to the settlement of a complex hedge fund based derivative; the award is amongst the largest all-time ever granted by a FINRA panel;
- Winning a $20 million jury award for the Learning Annex in federal court in New York, and then, after a new trial was awarded on damages, winning a larger verdict of $21.8 million on re-trial against one of New York’s most prominent defense firms;
- Successfully resolving an international forfeiture action brought by the United States Department of Justice against the family of the former President of the Republic of China (Taiwan);
- Successfully resolving a Black Friday internet gambling action brought by the United States Department of Justice against a world-renowned poker player;
- Negotiating a $50 million seed investment in a start-up hedge fund for a family office; and
- Arbitrating and negotiating a resolution for the founder of a well known start-up company of a dispute concerning the ownership and market value of pre-IPO shares.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. Harris worked closely with legendary trial lawyer Peter Fleming, Jr. at Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP, and practiced with prominent plaintiffs’ firm Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossman LLP. In 2005, Mr. Harris served as lead clemency counsel for Stanley Tookie Williams.
Mr. Harris clerked for Federal Judge Thomas P. Griesa in the Southern District of New York, and is admitted to the bars of New York and California.